All Zed wheels are provided with a full 2 year warranty against any material or workmanship defects.
The formal version is further down the page.
But first, here’s an overview:
The warranty covers all parts except consumable items subject to wear and tear - for instance you would expect bearings to wear out in the same way you’d expect a chain to wear out on a bike.
I’m happy to replace the odd broken spoke or true and tension a wheel if needed - say if you hit a bad pothole or whatever.
There’s generally no charge for this - I’ve got spokes in stock and it shouldn’t take long to do.
We’re not here to make money from repairs and I’d rather do the repair myself then have you take it to an LBS - when a spoke is replaced, or a wheel is trued it’s important that the the spoke tensions are all equalised within acceptable tolerances - not too high, not too low. An LBS might not have the time or expertise to do this. They might - but why take the chance? It could well lead to further problems down the line and we don’t want that!
So, if you do need a wheel truing it’s best to get it sorted as soon as possible as it will only get worse - and could actually cause damage to other parts!
Keep your box - stick it in the loft or something.
If you need to return your wheel, remove all the other bits - tyres, cassette, skewers etc. so it’s ready to work on and there’s no danger of me losing your bits lol.
The Mrs will arrange for a courier to collect it and we’ll get it fixed and returned to you asap.
Often these things can be turned around in a day so it’s back with you before the weekend. Probably quicker than taking it to an LBS and less hassle too.
Important Note - you are expected to look after your stuff!
If something has obviously been neglected and/or abused then I might have to take that into account - but in a way that is fair to both of us. Like I said, we’re not here to make money from repairs - we’ll leave that to the big brands with their overpriced replacement spoke packs and so on.
We provide instructions on how to clean and maintain things like carbon brake tracks - this means you get the benefit of great braking performance and you shouldn’t suffer from any brake track problems.
There’s also a Lifetime Crash Replacement Warranty available for a small charge - so if you wreck your wheel and it needs a full rebuild - or even replacement - it’s covered!
Any questions or clarifications - just give me a shout...
So that was the overview - here’s the formal version:
ZED BIKE WHEELS
2 YEAR WARRANTY
- The warranty runs for a period of 2 years from the purchase date
- The warranty is not applicable to products that have been incorrectly installed, adjusted or maintained
- The warranty is not applicable to damage to the product caused by a crash, impact, or abuse of the product
- The warranty is not applicable when the product has been modified.
- The warranty is not valid on wheels used for commercial (rental) purposes.
- The warranty is not applicable to normal wear and tear. Particular parts are subject to degradation as a result of normal use and this damage is not covered by the warranty. These parts include (but are not limited to) bearings, nipples and brake tracks.